- Calisen is a leading owner and manager of essential energy infrastructure assets.
- Our purpose is to accelerate the development of a cleaner, more efficient and sustainable energy segment.
- Calisen’s operations consist of three business units, Calvin Capital, Lowri Beck and Plug Me In:
- Calvin Capital: Through this business unit, Calisen procures, owns and manages a growing portfolio of domestic electricity and gas meters, with a particular focus on smart meters on behalf of energy retailers who make Meter Procurement Charge (“MPC”) payments to Calisen on a long-term contracted basis. Having started out providing meter asset ownership and operation for the Large Legacy Energy Retailers, Calvin Capital has successfully diversified its customer base by winning “Meter Asset Provider” contracts (MAP contracts) with Other Large, Medium and Small Energy Retailers.
- Lowri Beck: Through this business unit, Calisen installs metering equipment and provides meter reading and associated services to its energy retailer customers. As a result, Calisen offers a “one-stop shop” proposition, which encompasses procurement, installation, ownership and management of meters or “metering as a service”.
Lowri Beck also installs electric vehicle charging points, operating under a separate trading division – Plug Me In.
Plug Me In is an Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (“OZEV”) approved installer operating on behalf of chargepoint manufacturers, energy retailers and directly with the general public.
- You can find out more about our three operating subsidiaries, Calvin Capital, Lowri Beck and Plug Me In, by visiting their websites:
- Calisen’s business and operations have experienced rapid growth in recent years, with its installed base of revenue-generating meters growing from approximately 3.5 million in 2011 to approximately 9.1 million at 31 December 2020, comprising of approximately 6.0 million smart meters and 3.1 million traditional meters.
- Calisen is well-positioned for continued leadership and expansion in the essential Meter Asset Provider (“MAP”) segment. Calisen has approximately 7.2 million smart meters in its smart meter installation pipeline as at 31 December 2020. The pipeline of meters is split between the larger traditional energy retailers (Large Legacy Energy Retailers) and the growing Other Large, Medium and Small Energy Retailer segments.
- Calisen is led by a seasoned management team with a strong history in meter operations, finance and the wider infrastructure investment sector. With an average of more than 20 years of experience, management has developed a deep understanding of the various aspects of the legislative and regulatory framework, segment dynamics and competition, as well as the needs and objectives of energy retailer customers and the capabilities and products supplied by manufacturers and installers. Calisen’s leadership team has demonstrated a track record of delivering growth and managing complex operations.