Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
We will take steps in accordance with applicable legislation to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information.
If you are a User and your personal information has been collected by us as part of our provision of services to our Customers (i.e. your energy suppliers), then we can only act on the instructions of our Customers, and you may consider it helpful to consult your energy supplier directly.
You have the following rights over your personal information:
- the right to access the personal information that we hold about you,
- to correct any incorrect information that we hold about you,
- to object to us processing your personal information, if we are not entitled to use it anymore,
- to have your information deleted if there is no compelling reason to continue processing it, or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. There are however a number of exceptions to this where we are required to retain information under our contractual obligations to our Customer (the energy supplier), by law, required to retain data by our regulators or required to retain data to exercise or defend a legal claim,
- to receive a copy of your information so that you can transfer it to a third party.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us so that we can locate and verify your personal information. Normally such request are free of charge however, we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, where we hold your information on behalf of our Customer, in which case we will advise you to contact your energy supplier (our Customer), if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information (further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk).
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.